National Geographic 20-60x60 Spotting Scope
Spotting scopes are compact telescopes designed primarily for terrestrial observing and photography. In addition to birding, some other uses include:
- Viewing distant sports events, such as boat races and mountain climbing;
- Observing deer, mountain goats, and other easily-spooked animal life;
- Use as a long distance microscope for safe close-up study of hornets' nests, bee hives, etc.;
- Surveillance of property and outbuildings for the isolated homeowner, rancher, or farmer;
- Scanning ski resort, lake, or harbor activities from the home with a view;
- Casual astronomy; and more.
- Weighing just over two pounds, this grab-and-go observation aid is perfect for hiking, birding, nature watching and casual stargazing.
- 60mm aperture captures bright images even in low-light situations.
- Zoom eyepiece offers magnifications ranging from 20x to 60x and is angled at 45° for comfortable viewing.
- Fully coated optics maximize contrast.
- Tabletop tripod has a panhandle control that allows you to smoothly move the telescope and track objects.
- Non-reflective rubber armoring protects the device from minor bumps.
- Soft storage/carry case is included.