Explore One Gemini II Flat Black 70mm AZ Mount Telescope
- Ample 70mm aperture will reveal lots of lunar details, planetary features like Jupiter’s cloud belts or Saturn’s rings and some of the brightest Messier objects.
- Two interchangeable Plossl eyepieces give you magnifications of 26.9x and 72x.
- Mount’s slow-motion control cable allows for fine adjustments to telescope’s position.
- Full size tripod is fully adjustable and includes an accessory tray for holding extra eyepiece.
- Use the red dot finder and included star map to locate observing targets.
From exploring Jupiter’s equatorial cloud belts to Saturn’s impressive rings, the Explore One 70mm Gemini Telescope allows young astronomers to see Earth’s neighbors in a whole new way. Featuring superior optics that generate bright, crisp images, this scope has a 70mm aperture and a 700mm focal length, which makes it the largest in the ExploreOne line of refracting telescopes. The scope comes with two high-end eyepieces and a red dot finder to assist in locating objects in the sky. Easy to set up and operate, it has a versatile alt-azimuth mount and a fully adjustable tripod with a tray to help keep accessories close at hand when in the field.
Author of "Learn to Stargaze for Kids", John A. Read got started in astronomy throught the Mount Diablo Astronomical Society, volunteering as many as four nights per week under California's cloudless skies. In 2013 he published his first book, 50 Things to See with a Small Telescope. In 2016, John left corporate America, and in 2020, completed a four year astrophysics degree. In this review John takes a deep dive into the Gemini II.
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)